Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Friday, September 18, 2009

So excited...

As I sit on this ferry crossing the bay into San Francisco, I can
barely sit still. I thought blogging might help calm me. I rarely get
excited, and it is never for normal reasons. Even when I went to
college, I was nervous and curious but not really excited; it was just
the next logical step. Well I am excited today. 6.5 miles of biking
left. Hopefully another post in about an hour. Until then...

3 comments:

  1. Well babe, you should be excited,elated,or what ever you want to call it. I think what you have done shows a lot of character about a person. Something all of us that know and love you knew you had a lot of, but proving it to yourself is another thing. I am sooooooo happy for you. Congratulations!!!! Talk to you in 6.5 miles. Until then...xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Matt - tears of Joy all for you and accomplishing an amazing goal! Cheers, Bravo, Kudos, Congrats, Yeah!!!! and Super Wow!!!

    Love, Aunt Lisa H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'EXCELLENCE IS AN ART WON BY TRAINING AND HABITUATION. WE DO NOT ACT RIGHTLY BECAUSE WE HAVE VIRTUE OR EXCELLENCE, BUT WE RATHER HAVE THOSE BECAUSE WE HAVE ACTED RIGHTLY. WE ARE WHAT WE REPEATEDLY DO. EXCELLENCE, THEN, IS NOT AN ACT BUT A HABIT.'
    - ARISTOTLE GREEK PHILOSOPHER AND SCIENTIST

    Matt:
    If you remember, this is a quote I used at your first Villanova graduation party. It seems to take on even greater significance in relation to this tremendous accomplishment. You trained and "toughed" it out every mile of this journey. You have already attained a level of excellence that few will ever realize. You were not only "Against the Wind", but let's add rain, darkness, and isolation. You have lived out this goal in admirable fashion. I am so proud of you!
    Excellent work! With all my love, respect and admiration.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete