Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Friday, September 4, 2009

I have a magic trick for you.....

I have learned how to be in four places at once. No joke, and I can repeat the trick any time I want....anytime I want to drive to the southwest corner of Colorado (SE UT, NE AZ, or NW NM). After Mom and I left the Four Corners Park, we drove to the Valley of the Gods, and it was well worth the 30 minute detour. The weather has carved sculptures so fine they make Rodin look like a hobo. While driving down the sixteen mile dirt road Mom and I took in some views that my words will do little justice to, so I think a few pictures are in order.










After leaving the park, we drove to Grand Junction, CO where upon pulling into the hotel we took a screw in the tire. After calling AAA and Dollar Rental Car (Who suck by the way, NEVER use them) we now have a flat tire in the trunk and a doughnut on the wheel. Tomorrow morning, on to Wal-mart to get the original tire patched and then on to Denver. Until then.....

3 comments:

  1. Today, I look back in time.
    As I now see the world through your eyes
    So many memories I hold safe in my heart
    To unwrap with smiles and sighs
    Matt, you still grow and mature every day,
    I am prouder of you than any words can say!
    Happy Birthday.
    Dad

    Enjoy Denver and your 25th Birthday. Have a Jameson's toast and look back over the ears. You make me proud every day. Penny, toast him for me. I love and miss you.
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like you guys had another fun filled day -- way to go -- and again thanks for the pictures -- they are truely spectacular :-)
    What a beautiful day for your Birthday as well. At least your finally 25 -- now I can use you to drive -- LOL -- and since your out of work when you get home -- It might not be a bad thing ;-) Anywho -- we can talk about that later -- enjoy your Birthday and the rest of your journey with Mama -- can't wait to see you again and see ALL the pictures with the stories -- all the best -- Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are incredible. Sounds like you had a great birthday. How special your mom was there with you. You look amazing and happy. Be safe and have fun. Can't wait to see you. Love ya Jen

    ReplyDelete