Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Monday, August 24, 2009

On the Road Again.....

I can't wait to get on the road again. Well during my week at the Jersey shore, I spent time with my family and friends relaxing. During our two trips to Atlantic City I saw two comedy shows with comedians including Jeff Dunham, Dom Irrera et al. After the week down the shore I heading to the wedding of my friend Traci. The wedding and the bride were both beautiful, and I ended up having more fun at this event than I ever thought possible. And then a mere twenty-four hours later I am sitting again in Kansas City getting ready to take on the world once again. Today is going to be a series of logistical events. First and foremost, picking up a car and grabbing my bike. After that it is time to deal with my COBRA benefits, because as the letter dated August 14th informed me, my insurance lapsed on July 31st. Then a drive south to get back on the trail. In an exciting bit of news, I will be joined by a support car in about a week. The identity of this mystery driver will be revealed in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I asked you a question at the shore. the question: What was the name of Shane Falco’s Boat in the movie The Replacements? You correctly named it as Phyxius. As it turns out just like in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding the word has a Greek root. It takes its name from a Greek derivation meaning "put to flight". How appropriate for resuming your trip Against the Wind. So aim your bike against the wind and put to flight.
    It was great being on vacation with you. Just proved how much I missed you.
    Love ya.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete