Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Across State Lines...

After waking up and checking the weather, it looked like I would once again be riding through a downpour. However luckily I only went through about 20 minutes of moderate rain. One thing I did encounter today something new, unpaved roads. Google maps apparently doesn't take these mundane things into account. However I did learn that dirt roads are much worse than gravel for bike riding. I did manage to avoid the worse of the two. Gravel does manage to make pedaling much harder. After passing into Kansas I was able to stay on paved roads the whole time. While I was stopped at a gas station, a Jehovah's Witness came and had a chat with me, I swear, I go halfway across the country and they still manage to find me. For my first day back I think I managed to do pretty well. Although I am wiped, I think I am still a little run down from yesterday. I think it is time to get some rest and try this all again tomorrow; until then....

2 comments:

  1. "I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    Robert Frost - The Road Not Taken

    Hey Buddy:
    Glad you're out about and moving again. No matter whether road is dirt, gravel or paved you seem to be taking the road less travelled. You are blazing new trails everyday.You will look back on this realizing how great every single day is.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace be with you my son -- oh -- sorry -- wait a minute -- LOL -- glad to see your out and about again. And GREAT to see you back on the bike. Looking forward to our new adventures. And please don't forget the pictures ;-)

    ReplyDelete