Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Friday, August 28, 2009

Kansas...A lot of pastures




For the past two days I have been rolling through the rolling plains
of Kansas. There is really not much to see however I find riding
through this land very enjoyable. However even though I have taken pictures of this, I think this is an experience that "is better felt than telt". Tonight I stopped in Eureka, KS to wait for my support driver, and she finally arrived. She is known by many names but I call her: Mommy. Tomorrow we drive to Wichita to enjoy some of the big city
culture after that we push on with the biking.

2 comments:

  1. “Kansas is the most quintessential of American states. It is, after all, where Superman and Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz grew up, and all the towns I went through had a cozy, leafy, timeless air to them.”
    The Lost Continent - Bill Bryson

    Sounds like you are experiencing the Kansas described in the Lost Continent. Glad Mom is there with you to take in some of the sights and sounds. Hopefully, she will get you to the change of trails in Pueblo.
    Keep Blogging.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Eureka with "Mommy" -- LOL -- look out for Hoover -- LOL -- get it!!! Eureka - Hoover -- Vacuums -- UGH -- any who -- tell her to leave you alone and let you do your own thing -- shes only there for support and to buy you GOOD meals ;-) -- Luv ya both -- safe journeys...

    ReplyDelete