Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Sunday, August 2, 2009

To the end of VA....

Ride Time: 5:47:42 Ride Distance: 69.69 MilesAverage Speed: 11.7 MPH Max Speed: 41.6 MPH High Temperature: 93
Finally a day where I went over 65 miles (Almost 70!). I made it to Breaks, VA, right on the Kentucky border. It was a very long day, but satisfying. I went over 3 more mountains and flew down the other side. I also had my first real bike malfunction today. My rear rack broke when I lost the two screws on the left side. Luckily I found one and took the other from a 3rd possible water bottle holder. That took about 15 minutes to fix, however it seems to have done the trick. Tomorrow I will try to push on Pippa Pass, KY...FINALLY leaving Virginia. Until then.....

2 comments:

  1. “I FIND THE GREAT THING IN THIS WORLD IS NOT SO MUCH WHERE WE STAND, AS IN WHAT DIRECTION WE ARE MOVING…” - Oliver Holmes
    Way to go Matt! You kept pushing until you reached the Virginia border. As for direction, remember the quote Horace Greeley stole, Go west young man and grow up with the country. Keep pushing west. You are definitely moving in the right direction.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pal -- glad to see everything is going well -- I was down in Washington the past few days and I got a taste of whats been keeping you inside. It was hell to drive in -- I had to pull over twice -- you couldn't even see the front of the car -- that's NO joke -- it was rough. But I saw the five day forcast from Washington this morning and there is a 10% chance for tomorrow night and then clear skies :-) LOOK OUT Kentucky -- here he comes.....

    ReplyDelete