Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Tourist's Log Part One...






After meeting some of the locals last night, I got the recommendations on what I should see today. Combining that with the literature in my room I came up with a plan of action. After leaving the hotel I headed to the Garden of Eden and toured the source of ambrosia. Or in reality I headed to the Anheuser-Busch brewery for a tour of their St. Louis headquarters. I saw the Clydesdale's and their stable, and if PETA ever says they are mistreated I will smack them silly. The stables were immaculate. They must muck out the stalls and wash the horses twice daily because it didn't even smell like a stable just cedar chips and a faint smell of horses. By the way for those of you who are interested the dalmatian was added to the hitch to guard the beer while the deliveries were being made (A good idea in my estimation). Also, I know that it is a factory that produces food so it has to be kept clean, but besides being clean it was the, for lack or need of a better word, prettiest factory I have ever seen. And then once the tour was finished they gave me beer and the day was just beginning. After leaving heaven I headed to Forest Park where I toured the Missouri History Museum as well as the St. Louis Art Museum to view some interesting and beautiful piece of art and learn about Lindbergh and the World's Fair. Now I am back at the hotel taking a rest and washing up before part two of my day. I will let you know how the rest goes....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me -- I wish I was there to see it myself -- now be honest with me -- did you really go back to the Hotel or did you take another tour of Budweiser to get another beer -- LOL -- never mind -- I already know the answer -- when is the bike going to be fixed? Hope that works out OK -- check back with you later to see how your day ended up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your can ask them how they keep those stables so clean(hint-hint). Glad to see you are enjoying yourself, because I am enjoying reading about it and the pictures are great too!! Also happy for you that you finally had a beautiful day. Enjoy the rest of it. Love ya, me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF YOU SEND A DAMNED FOOL TO ST. LOUIS, AND YOU DON'T TELL THEM HE'S A DAMNED FOOL, THEY'LL NEVER FIND OUT.
    - Life on the Mississippi
    Mark Twain

    I have never been to St. Louis util now. So I don't think your a damed fool, I do think you're becoming a seasoned traveller. Wish I was seeing these sites with you. Like I mentioned to you, the Newark Budweiser plant was just as clean, but not as majestic.

    ReplyDelete