Route Plan

Current Location


View Bike Trip Plan in a larger map

View Current Location in a larger map

Monday, July 20, 2009

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...

As many of you know, today was supposed to be my departure date.  However, in the vein of trying to plan out as little as possible for this trip, I already hit a small snag.  When I called Amtrak to talk to them about loading my bike into storage, I learned that this particular route does not allow bikes on the particular route...oops.  So instead of taking the train, my family will be driving me to Ashland, VA and I will begin my journey from there.  This will cut off one to two days from my trip because it is slightly inland.  I have now packed everything I will need (and probably a few things I won't), my added weight is 51 pounds, a full 14 pounds under my maximum weight.  Getting excited now.

No comments:

Post a Comment